HyBXeRo
"Shout For Shout Sake"

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"So hold on, hold tight,
open daylight, we will overcome."
Thrice - Flags Of Dawn

As I start typing this entry it's 5:35am, and as usual I can't seem to sleep, so I guess it's time for a much needed update. Maybe I should stop taking 4-5 hour naps in the afternoon, huh? Lemme see, so what's going on? Well first of all, I've been sick for the past 2 weeks or so and I'm really getting tired of it. It's nothing too bad; just a cough here, stuffy nose there, and an occasional sore throat, but I would like to get rid of it ASAP. So this week I have 3 midterms (writing, math 6a, and math 2j) and as usual I'm putting off studying for them. I took my writing one on monday and I doubt I did all too well on it, but we'll see. The other two aren't until friday, but I guess I've gained a little boost of confidence because I've been doing pretty well on the quizzes for the classes.

So about that Thrice concert a few weeks ago. There's only one way to describe it "amazing". Thrice truly took over the whole show (as I expected) by playing an 18 song set (I think) with a 2 song encore. Just watching them on stage made me respect them even more as musicians. Veda, The Bled, and Underoath all put on pretty good performances as well, but the hardcore dancers/moshers during The Bled and Underoath sets were really getting annoying. It was a great show nonetheless. I really hope I get to see Thrice again some time soon. The Nintendo Fusion Tour is only a few days away and I can't wait. Hopefully I can get there early enough so that I won't miss Panic! at the Disco's set.

I guess the last thing I'll mention is how living at VDC is going. Honestly, I love it. Although I do miss dorm life, everyone from Lluvia, and not having to worry about cooking for myself, VDC is still going great for me. The buses do get packed from time to time and the bus schedule itself can be a hassle, but you learn to adapt to it. So how are my roommates working out? It's actually going pretty good. I'll be honest, I did have my doubts about living with two fraternity guys when I first found out about it, but it's working out pretty well. We've gotten to know each other and become friends, and even hung out a few times together (idk how they managed to drag me out clubbing one night). Looking back at it now, the people I've met and gotten to know throughout VDC have been because of my roommate Justin. He pretty much introduced me to his friends at VDC (and some not from here) and has made me feel a part of his group of friends. So thanks Justin for including me in everything (some of which have been awkward), introducing me to people I can now consider friends, and for always treating me as a friend; your the first person that's ever really done that. So to my roommates, Richard and Justin (and of course our fouth and fifth roommates Jessica and Wes), thanks for all the memories from the past few months, and I look forward to so many more.

Wow, it really sounds like I'm saying goodbye or something. Oh well, till next time....

1 Comments:

  • Good update! Maybe I should be doing the same..

    - On Wai

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home