HyBXeRo
"Shout For Shout Sake"

Friday, May 13, 2005

"Let me whisper in your ear
everything I've never wanted you to hear."

Mormon in the Middle - Tubbyman 2000

Tonight I ended up going to the Sugarcult, Letter Kills, Lorene Drive, and c24c concert at the Bren, and it was really good. I got there just in time to see Lorene Drive perform a few songs and they were pretty good. I've heard of them before, but hadn't listen to too much of their music, but I liked what I heard. Then Letter Kills came on next. I'm not really into their type of music (kind of a more classic rock/alternative sound) and for some reason, their songs sounded like 80s or early 90s rock songs to me. They did put on a great show though, their lead singer was really working the crowd very well. Probably the highlight of their performance was when the lead singer got up onto the speakers and was singing about 10-20 feet above the stage. Then Sugarcult performed; I wasn't sure if I'd stay for them, but I'm glad I did. It was obvious to see who the crowd came to see, because right when they started playing, the crowd went crazy. Their set lasted about an hour or so (with several interactions with the crowd) and I even got into the mosh pit for the final song. All in all, it was definently a good show for the price; free. Afterwards Lorene Drive was working their merchandise booth and I managed to get a poster signed by 3 of the 4 members.

On an other note, I got two of my midterms back this week. I'm still waiting on my math one; hopefully I'll get it back soon. The ones I got back were my physics 7d and CSE 22 midterms. For physics I got a 44/80 with an average score in the class of 43.5. That should translate into maybe a B-. As long as I do good on the quizzes for the class and do all right on the final, a B shouldn't be too hard to get. For CSE 22 I got a 43.5/56 with an average score in the class of 35.5. I thought I did better, but hey, I'm happy with what I got. My score would probably be like in the B+/A- range. As long as I continue to do good on the programming projects and final, I think I might be able to get an A in the class. We'll see.

I'm actually kind of tired as I'm writing this, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home